Department: Operations Season: Winter Seasonal Time: Full Time
Location: 6921 Route 242 – Ellicottville, NY 14731
Full-Time and Part-Time positions available for Day shifts
Start and End Dates: Start of season through end of season. Approximately early December through early April.
Job Summary: Assists passengers in the safe loading and unloading of HoliMont’s eight ski lifts, and checks lift ticket validity, while providing excellent customer service by interacting with all lift passengers.
- Assist all passengers in the safe loading and unloading of the ski lift
- Provide instruction and superior customer service by interacting and talking to all lift passengers
- Slow or stop the lift as necessary to ensure passenger safety
- Maintain load and unload ramps and areas around all lift stations by shoveling and/or raking snow
- Ensure all chairs are clear of snow or ice before loading passengers
- Identify potential hazards and report them immediately
- Be familiar with all policies, procedures and rules regarding operating and riding a ski lift and ensure that these are followed by staff and customers
- Implement emergency procedures, including contacting Ski Patrol
- Perform daily pre-operation inspections and post-operation shutdown procedures
- Assist in evacuation of a disabled lift
- Answer guest questions by being familiar with HoliMont’s layout, products and services, or by asking someone who can answer the guest’s question
- Maintain cleanliness of lift shacks and work area, remove trash when necessary
- Other lift operations duties as assigned
NOTE: All HoliMont employees are required to perform alternate functions from time to time, both within and outside of their assigned department, particularly during peak periods such as holiday weekends.
Customer Service Expectations: Lift Operators have more direct customer contact than any other resort employee, as nearly every skiing or snowboarding guest at HoliMont rides the lifts. It is therefore of utmost importance that the Lift Operator be friendly, courteous and professional in accordance with HoliMont’s commitment to providing superior customer service.
High school diploma or equivalent
Previous customer service and/or laboring experience is preferred
Intermediate level skiing or snowboarding ability is preferred but not necessary
Required Knowledge and Skills:
Good work ethic and dependability
Excellent customer service & communication skills
Physical and Mental Demands: This position works primarily outside and requires prolonged periods of standing and walking on slippery and/or uneven snow or icy surfaces. Must remain alert and attentive at all times. Must lift up to 50 pounds. Shoveling snow and/or ice is required.
This position involves working outside in all weather conditions, including extreme cold, snow, wind and rain, on varied snow surfaces, and requires being on your feet for the majority of the scheduled shift. Some time will be spent inside, but inside time still requires alertness and attention to the lift and passengers. Varying traffic levels mean that some days are extremely busy while other days are much slower.
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. This is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.